Based out of San Diego, California and making boards for over 10 years, these guys (and gals) know what they’re doing. They make quality gear that maneuvers well in the water and holds up to all sorts of wear and tear. Plus, with inflatables, you can take them with you anywhere. You get a lot of value for your money.
Let’s take a look at 2 of their latest inflatable SUPs:
Isle 11′ Explorer iSUP… Exploring
Dimensions: 11′ Long x 32″ Wide x 6″ Thick
- Travel Paddle
- High Pressure Air Pump with Built-in Gauge
- Patch Repair Kit
See it in action here:
- Rigid: With a 6″ thickness and a 15 PSI rating, this SUP gets really rigid. There’s very little bounce on waves, and many onlookers will mistake this iSUP for a regular hardboard.
- Good Warranty: The company offers an extra-long 2-year warranty (many companies only offer 1 year). Of course, you probably won’t need it, but it just shows that ISLE stands behind their products so you don’t have to worry.
- 14 D-Rings: I think this SUP has the most D-rings I’ve seen on a board. It even comes with 2 bungee systems (instead of just one), so you can securely attach your cargo. The more you paddle, the more you want to carry with you (at least from what I’ve found), so in my opinion, you can never have too many D-rings (especially if you like to fish from your SUP).
- Lots ‘o Features: The Isle Explorer does not slack on features either. Similar to other models, it inflates in less than 5 minutes, can be deflated and rolled up into the size of a sleeping bag and carried on your back, has a convenient carrying handle and has a no-slip traction pad on top. Need more?
- Click Here for the Isle Explorer iSUP
Isle 12’6″ Touring iSUP – fast on flat water
Dimensions: 12′ Long x 30″ Wide x 6″ Thick
The 12’6″ Touring SUP has all of the features of the Explorer that we talked about above, so I won’t bore you by repeating them. However, I will share some additional features that it has:
- Multi-Passenger: Due to its larger size, this iSUP can carry multiple people (up to 300lbs). Stick your dog on it if you want. Or cat!
- Faster on Flat Water: The longer design and narrower shape of this model make it better for racing and paddling faster in straight lines on flat water.
- Less D-Rings: Compared to the Explorer above, this iSUP got jipped on D-rings. However, I understand, because if you are planning on racing or paddling quickly for fitness, you probably don’t want to load a bunch of extra gear on your deck anyway.
- Click Here for the Isle Touring iSUP
The following video shows Isle’s previous iSUP 10′ and 12’6″ models. Although they are different boards, they are very similar in design and features as the current 2015 iSUPs. Take a look at how they ride: